­

Music is the cure for stress. Shut up and just dance. 'Nuff said. Dump your junk at adlisyahril@hotmail.com.

Alex M.O.R.P.H. interview

The Story Begins...

Hello guys!
In conjunction with Alex M.O.R.P.H.'s upcoming gig, check out the recent interview done by Klubbers.net! It's official!

1] We admire the state of Engineering technology from Germany, so do share with us the formula behind the production name M.O.R.P.H, how was it designed or engineered?

The name itself? Well, I had a fav track in the early years i started dj-ing which was from spicelab called “amorph”. It kicked me totally out of the roof. I liked it so much that i thought about some options to modulate it for me. Also is amorph the meaning for: unformed, formless, which means for me not to be categorized in the way to look. In these early years i really often changed my style in case of clothes, haircut , etc. So Amorph was the perfect thing for me. That was the origin-hour of the Alex M.o.r.p.h. thing. The dots were there just to look special, sorry, no big mysterious story about the dots, ;)

2] What do you think of the current Electronic Dance Music scene?

It looks really good – all over the world! Our music has a huge platform, it’s presented on the biggest events ever, and the people want to dance to exactly THIS kind of music.
So, it’s not as bad as some people try to make it, and the music gets more & more fans every day. Productions are going more and more High Level Standard, which is amazing. New Plugins and Technical Steps forward make this possible. All Options open.

3] What makes trance music so special to you? If it is not trance what music will you choose?

I’m open to a very broad palette of music styles, but the Trance genre hit me so hard, I just can’t let it go. It can drive you wild, it can touch your soul, and it can guide you through a hard day, making it a lot easier. Best way to bring Emotions into Music Language, thats the reason I Love Trance!

4] Do share with us your best performing experience that you won't forget too soon.

Whew, there have been quite a few in the last months and years. Very hard to choose. Both (club events and the big festivals) had their highlights which I will remember all my life…, Gatecrasher, Coloursfest, Mayday, TranceEnergy, hmmm, Stadium of Sound in Poznan was Amazing aswell and very special, all Night Open Air in a Football Stadium in a City Centre with 30.000 people, one Stage and 110 DB ,whhhooooohhhh.
I am Happy to return this Year againto that Event.

5] With over 80 remixes and 30 tracks under your productions, share with us your top 3 instruments and software which you mostly use in your production.

Hard to choose a top 3, as I always try new sounds/instruments to keep moving. I love Apple’s Logic Pro as a complete production package, which is simply an amazing collection of tools (effects, instruments, sequencer, samples, etc).
And I love Ableton Live more and more. I get so much more creative with it and the software is amazing me everytime again. A truly powerful engine for DJing and producing!
My fav Plug In: Ohm Boys

6] The favorite track of your own? why is it so special to you?

In the Moment i have a Top 3, Sorry, cant really choose, cause i am standing behind all my stuff, but these are my baby`s in the moment:
Paul van Dyk feat. Rae Garvey – Let Go – Alex M.o.r.p.h. Rmx
Armin van Buuren feat. Chris Jones – Going Wrong – Alex M.o.r.p.h. b2b Woody van Eyden Rmx, and my new Single “Walk the Edge” which gives me the feeling of the times of Gouryella – Ligaya back.

7] We are keen to find out M.O.R.P.H's relationship with Rank 1, and how did "Life Less Ordinary" was produced?

We know each other since a very long time, and we always talked about making a track together. Some day they sent over those fantastic string melody, and we started to produce something special around it. The rest is history: Life Less Ordinary was born!


8] If you were to choose a vocal artist for your next production, which artist do you want to work with?

It depends! The voice character has to fit the production and everything has to be in line to make it perfect. But i really would Love to work with Ruth Ann from Olive and Johnny Mc Daid, to point 2 of my wishlist.


9] With your great production experience who would you nominate as the no. 1 producer in the electronic dance music industry?

Junkie XL is one of the Guys i look up to, and Jean Michel Jarre for his Pioneer work.

10] In your professional opinion, what would be the key elements to being a successful DJ and Producer?

That would be talent, passion, constancy, patience, luck, quality a good marketing/management, and you need to love it !!!!!!!

11] We believe this is a very common question and however do share with us your top 5 tracks at the moment :)

Armin van Buuren/DJ Shah - Going Wrong (Alex M.O.R.P.H. B2B Woody van Eyden Remix)
Myon - Albion
Paul van Dyk feat. Rae Garvey – Let Go – Alex M.o.r.p.h. Rmx
Alex M.O.R.P.H. – Walk the Edge
Temple One – World Beyond

12] Just for leisure do tell us your favorite food and favorite electronic gadget.

My favourite food in the moment is Indian-Food
My favourite electronic gadget is my Mac-Book

13] Even before this opportunity to spin in Kuala Lumpur, have you ever heard of our country Malaysia?

Of course I know Malaysia!!! ;-)
I even had a Stop-Over in Kuala Lumpur, but only at the airport when I was travelling to Australia in January. I’m happy to stay a bit longer this time, and so looking forward to it.
Heared so much good things about it, and the response on the internet about my visit is immense.

14] Before the final question, what can we expect for your upcoming gig in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Well, you better expect some M.O.R.P.H. energy to hit you! I will do my best to keep up the quality and satisfy the people! Known stuff from my side and my favourite tunes combined with the m.o.r.p.h. flavour.Will be a great night, so make sure the club will be ramped ;)))))))))))))))))))))))

15] Finally, your closing statements to your fans and Electronic Dance Music people of Malaysia who will attend your gig on 20th June @ Maison.

What can I say?? I’m really looking forward to this gig and hope to see you there! I’m always thankful to my fans who support me in this world and maybe I can have a nice little chat with some of you! CHEERS! M.O.R.P.H.


Wow. He's very keen to perform here! So, grab your tickets now. The selling of pre-sale ticket ends really soon. Today (Wednesday) to be precise!

Maison presents: I Love Trance with ALEX M.O.R.P.H.
20th June 2008
Maison, Kuala Lumpur
Pre-sale: RM30
Door price: RM40 (Ladies), RM50 (Men)
Table reservation, please call 03-26983328

Adli Syahril says: I might not be going to this must-not-miss event. No friends to attend it with.

The End


0 comments: