­

Music is the cure for stress. Shut up and just dance. 'Nuff said. Dump your junk at adlisyahril@hotmail.com.

AFTER PARTY: Rock the World 9 @ Bukit Jalil (26/12/2009)

The Story Begins...

My first Rock the World was nine years ago. It was exactly at the location of Gardens, Mid Valley before it was built. Remember Teh Tarik Crew was boo-ed and thrown with stones? Bad idea for a hip-hop performance at a rock show... But I got addicted to Rock the World since then.


2009's Rock the World was not as great as it seem.

The idea of 3 stages is brilliant but the whole event layout was messy for me. If you were there, you had to squeeze yourself to enter the main stage arena. The pathway was very small!

Sad. The weather was very bad and followed by a heavy rain. It stalled the show for 45 minutes. Thank god I was not there that early. The weather causing each band to cut their set short. That sucks. Imagine one band was about to warm the mood and had to stop after the second song? Hmmphh.

Anyway, the performance that I have to salute on that night would be The Otherside Orchestra for playing some good shits! Props to Bo, Rashdan Harith, Disagree and Azlan & the Typewriter too. They did great.

I'd have to say "NAY!" for Meet Uncle Hussain & Bittersweet. Sorry.

Overall, Rock the World 9 was OK for me. Not that too bad. If it wasn't raining, everything could have been better.

My Macbeth is wet. :(

Bo at the Chill Stage

Amy from Search special appearance during Republic of Brickfields set.

The Otherside Orchestra

Liyana Fizi





I hope for a better RTW next year.

The End

0 comments: